Thursday, May 24, 2012

Vacation

The day after my first ever craft show (I will post all about that another day) me and my little Monkey headed up north for a few days by my mom.

With all of our job changes around here the whole family couldn't go up for the long weekend so I opted to sneak a trip in before. Usually I help my mom at her greenhouse over Memorial weekend but sadly not this year. Instead Hunter and I just hung out at "Gramma's Greenhouse" known officially as Lil Bit's Greenhouse. So if any of you readers live or visit northern Wisconsin (near Manitowish Waters/Mercer/Winchester area)be sure to go check out her place! :)

I absolutely love going up there. I just love all the color, all the beautiful flowers and all of the neat things she does/has. This year she is carrying a few very neat crafty things from other crafty ladies besides herself, including some teapot birdhouses and upcycled glass bird baths.



Then there are my mom's creative displays and planters... and my photography... :)
Antique crib for display

These REALLY do smell like popcorn!  Wouldn't it make the cutest thank you/teacher/birthday gift/just because kind of gift!

These have to be some of my favorites.  Every time I look at overalls I assess them for this purpose. 

She covered these pots using Modge Podge and fabric.  Too cute.  

Okay, maybe these chair planters are my favorite.  LOVE LOVE LOVE!


I even found a couple of cute chairs and brought them up for her.  These were actually hard to part with since my fingers were itching for a DIY refinish... but they will make cute planters.  Hopefully she will plant them while my sister is up there so we can see the end results!


Beautiful.


This is my favorite basket this year!

And my absolute favorite greenhouse picture of 2012 (so far!)
 So that's what I've been up to for the past few days.  Observing and hopefully absorbing some of her creativiness!
Seven Alive









These Peas Taste Funny Poofy Cheeks Crafty Scrappy Happy Tip Junkie handmade projects

7 comments:

  1. i love your work. I wish my garden looks like yours. :)
    i just linked my projects to Tip me tuesday, you are above me :) I don't know if I got that button right. oh, well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, but I have to say the only work of mine above is in the photo taking! It's all my mom (except the first two pictures who were other people/friends she knows!). :)

      Delete
  2. How fun!! What creative planters!! Your mom is just as talented as you!:) Thanks for sharing with us at Link It Up Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be featuring this post at our party on Thursday. LOVE them. Stop by and grab a button if you would like.

      Delete
  3. I just came across a pic of your chair planted on Pinterest and had to come over and check out your blog. Loving it. So, now Im your newest follower. Please come visit me at PICKINandPAINTIN.blogspot.com and maybe you'll decide to follow back?? THANKS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Candy! Followed you back!!!

    ReplyDelete